Is it Noy-man or New-man?

it's too funny you're asking that question. i was just introduced to the proper pronunciation myself this week. felt like a friggin amateur as usual....

Yeah, my drummer kept saying Noy-man, and I was confused. He's from Minnesota and has the accent, so I wasn't sure what the hell was going on.

Noi-men. The german language doesnt really have a New sound. Deusch is even pronounced Doisch in german. ;)

Danny

Reason I posted pronounciation link is because I work from time to time with Germans and still will not attempt to spell their way of saying things. Bearing becomes something like beering.

I'll never condem their English because when Churchill said something to the likes of "Two nations seperated by a common language" had never met one of us American Southerners.

Noy-man ... if it's a German word, it's the least we can do to pronounce it roughly German-ish. I mean, just cos they don't speak English ... most of you Yanks aren't so hot on the Queen's language either ;)

The correct pronunciation of Neumann is "Noymon".

I know this because my wife is German and she heartily loves correcting me.

In einem Tag kann man die Schrecken der Holle erleben; es ist reichlich genug Zeit dazu. -Wittgenstein

nuemes said:
The correct pronunciation of Neumann is "Noymon".

I know this because my wife is German and she heartily loves correcting me.

In einem Tag kann man die Schrecken der Holle erleben; es ist reichlich genug Zeit dazu. -Wittgenstein

I was going to say the same thing.

It's not "Noy-man" because the second syllable isn't pronounced like the word "man."

Of course, "Noymon" is also the way they pronounce the name "Norman" in Jersey. :D:D

It's only because of their cost.

Like how Rodeo (Ro-day-o) Drive, in Beverly Hills, would be pronounced "rodeo" in a less affluent city.

Chris

Back