Is it neccesary...

Neotrix

Is it neccesary for me to connect a Synth with MIDI I/O and a drum machine to a MIDI Interface, in order for me to have some Drum Sequencing?
Or just the Drum itself?

It depends on what is doing the sequencing. If your keyboard is a workstation and you are programing the sequence on that, you would need to hook it up. The only things you need in the chain are the sequencer and the sound module (keyboard, drum machine... what ever is making the sound)

See, this is what Im trying to do:
https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/Neotriz/My gear/Untitled-1.jpg

Im trying to work on a Solo Project so this Audio/MIDI interface is perfect for me.
However, I'm still having hard time understanding MIDI. I know what is MIDI, but what I'm stil confused it how connecting among each other.
I need the Synth to do some crazy effects and I need the drum machine to make some drum patterns. So how would I able be to hook the drum machine and the synth? Or simply I just can't?

My Synth is an old Casio and only consist a MIDI I/O (MIDI thru does'nt consist)

Here are what the pic contains:
-Behringer BCA200 (Audio/MIDI Interface)
-Sm57 (Mic'in the Guitar amp)
-Roland Micro Bass (Bass-->Direct)
-X40 IBM Laptop (Still not sure what program I would have to use; probably I'll go with a SONAR)
-Roland MA8 Powered Monitors

So what should I do?

midi out of the computer -> into the keyboard -> out of the keyboard -> into drum machine -> out of drum machine -> into computer. The keyboard and the drum machine need to be on different channels so you can address them individually.

Back