Is hard disk a good tool for recording?

DVZON

Im going to a sound engineer on Monday and I called him today. I told him I'd give him the midi file of my song so then he can record the audio to the computer. He said he has a Roland Hardisk I don't know what kind.

What is a hard disck recorder and is it better than a comp for recording?

If this is the wrong place to ask this question what forum would be the best one to ask it?

A hard disk is a synonym for a hard drive. In other words, it is a magnetic storage medium for digital information from computers and other similar devices. A computer can be configured to be a digital recorder, or you can buy a dedicated digital recording piece of hardware (Such as the Roland VS series).

Each may have advantages and disadvantages. Often dedicated devices are more portable and more stable. Often computer based devices can contain more features and more sophisticated editing, depending on how much money you spend on adding hardware and software to your computer.

Some dedicated hardware systems record files that are compatible with computer based systems, so the project can easily be transferred from one to the other. Others that use proprietary files or dta compression schemes are not compatible.

But in the end, they both store all the information on a hard drive or hard disk.

Back