Is FL Studio capable of producing scores for movies?

3nigma

I know this forum is more geared towards Pro-Tools, Logic, and Cubase users, but for some reason I just keep going back to FL Studio. I was just wondering whether or not the program would be able to make professional sounding scores for movies and such?

FL Studio gets alot of crap, and that's fine. Mostly because it's used for rap, and techno, but from what I've seen it seems like it's up to professional standards. The only thing that really sucks about the program are the samples that come with it. They sound atrocious, but once you load up some VSTs and get some high quality sample packs, it seems fine.

So, can anyone vouch for it? Or even present a really good sounding song that was made with it?

I know this forum is more geared towards Pro-Tools, Logic, and Cubase users, but for some reason I just keep going back to FL Studio. I was just wondering whether or not the program would be able to make professional sounding scores for movies and such?

FL Studio gets alot of crap, and that's fine. Mostly because it's used for rap, and techno, but from what I've seen it seems like it's up to professional standards. The only thing that really sucks about the program are the samples that come with it. They sound atrocious, but once you load up some VSTs and get some high quality sample packs, it seems fine.

So, can anyone vouch for it? Or even present a really good sounding song that was made with it?

I have ton tons of scoring in FL Studio.

In my opinion, you can't get a better piano roll / MIDI programming program that can top FL. I simply love it for working with MIDI.

Combine East West String libraries or any other decent string VST program and you have yourself a powerful scoring program. If you need to sync to video, you have Fruity Video Player that will play as you write.

One thing you may miss out on is having the MIDI converted to musical notation, but there are plenty of external programs that can help you with that.

I don't listen to what everyone says about FL Studio. At the end of the day, if you find it easier to produce music in there, stick with it. I tend to sequence and write MIDI in FL and then export the MIDI out to another program (protools or logic) for finishing up the tracks.

Back