Is Eleven Rack right for me?

ioplex

I spend about 30 minutes a day noodling over progressive hard rock riffs recorded on a Zoom R16. The rest of the time I listen to music while I write software professionally.

I would like to consolidate some of the gear piling up around me. In particular, I was thinking about dumping the Onkyo receiver and Bose speakers for an Eleven Rack or something similar that can be both a DAC between the Mac Mini and studio monitors and an effects processor for guitar, playing GB loops and so on.

So I have a few concerns. Is it reasonable to use Eleven Rack with studio monitors just to listen to music? Is it ok to leave it on for hours as though it were a receiver? Can I quickly load an empty rig in Eleven Rack that's maybe just some EQ to color the tone-deaf studio monitors? I've never been terribly satisfied with digital multi-effects processors. I have a Marshall JCM 2000 and I've never felt anything digital with the reactivity and feeling of an amp like that. Should I expect anything different from Eleven Rack?

So what do you think? Can I dump the stereo equipment and use Eleven Rack as a multi-purpose audio hub?

Back