is Ebay worth it?

darrin_h2000 said:
oh by the way a fender tele for 170.00 not bad either:D

American????? Mexican???? C'mon man - what's the catch? Spray painted metallic orange?

Seriously, give me some specs on the Tele - I'm curious.

E-bay is a total seller's market. My girlfriend sells old tee shirts that we buy for a dollar or two at thrift stores for about $10 each. You can always count on two people losing their grasp on reality and bidding insane amounts on your item. This is a real bummer for a buyer, because it's now completely impossible to get a semi well known item on ebay for a decent amount. I'm watching a footpedal for my TEAC 80-8, hopefully there aren't many people out there looking for one of those!

The real trick to ebay is watching who you're dealing with, and being willing to set a limit on the amount you're willing to pay way in advance. Also, actually bid until the last day or so.

~james

E-bay is a total seller's market. My girlfriend sells old tee shirts that we buy for a dollar or two at thrift stores for about $10 each. You can always count on two people losing their grasp on reality and bidding insane amounts on your item. This is a real bummer for a buyer, because it's now completely impossible to get a semi well known item on ebay for a decent amount. I'm watching a footpedal for my TEAC 80-8, hopefully there aren't many people out there looking for one of those!

The real trick to ebay is watching who you're dealing with, and being willing to set a limit on the amount you're willing to pay way in advance. Also, actually bid until the last day or so.

~james

Yo Mr.Zekeman,

I was out of my mind when I sold my c414. Well, I am getting a Lucid genx6 clock in its place, but listening to tracks cut on the c414, both mine and others, I really realized that it was a great mic.
I am going to makeup for it by getting an AKG solidtube whenever I can afford it.

As far as the v67. A friend of mine heard a track that we had done with it and said "that's the mic I want". nuff said.

The thing about the v67 is positioning. Position it well and you have a great mic. If you are off, it can sound harsh in the mids.

I think the v67 is staying. Unless I hear tracks cut with the c-1 that I prefer. I doubt that though.

hey, why don't you post something you did on the v67 and 2480.
I got a sweetwater newsletter today and it looks like a beast.
Do you have yours hooked up to a keybaord and monitor. Really powerful.

Back