is ditching my mixer a good idea?

curiousgeorge

Im thinking of getting rid of my mixer & using usb powered mics ,midi to usb keyboards & i also have a behringer usb interface link for guitar.Now my main question is will all these usbs work together or will i have to unplug before i can plug in .I have enough usb ports

I believe you can use only one USB audio device at a time. Even if you could use more their converter word clocks wouldn't be synced.

You could get rid of your mixer and replace it with an audio interface that has the same capabilities, but replacing it with USB mics won't work and is a step in the wrong direction.

Generally, a USB mic does not have a very good A-to-D converter. Fine for podcasts, and that type of thing, but not for recording vocals or instruments. As said, get an audio interface.

Totally agree about getting an interface wth Preamps and using normal mic's.... Would definitely be a step in the wrong direction going USB. Far fewer options and lower quality results

Im thinking of getting rid of my mixer & using usb powered mics ,midi to usb keyboards & i also have a behringer usb interface link for guitar.Now my main question is will all these usbs work together or will i have to unplug before i can plug in .I have enough usb ports

What are you hoping to gain from this change.... no pun intended..?

Back