iranian jazzy fusion feedback welcome

zebra

hello

i recorded this band during a concert.

tombac >>> ribbon aeaR92/ md 421/ km102 AB
guitar >>> km 184 xy
sax >>> brauner
room >>> naiant omni xy

i wonder if the percusion is good mixed???
overall mix?
sax? was not possible to put the mic clloser to sax....ppl were passing so i had to put it safely.

dontt bother, if it sucks let me know....the band wanne make a kind of a cd out of it so i need to get it done properly.

tnx a lot peace zebraaa

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=837989 page with MP3 music downloads 192khz live song

Last edited:
Interesting. Sounds good. The room must have been decent.
How much did you leave the room mic's up in the mix?

There we go. Things get a bit funkier 2/3 through with the addition of the sax. Now that's Jazz!:)

I think the overall mix is good. Might like to hear a bit more room if the room sounded good, but this is a very nice recording.

Good job!

F.S.

Interesting. Sounds good. The room must have been decent.
How much did you leave the room mic's up in the mix?

There we go. Things get a bit funkier 2/3 through with the addition of the sax. Now that's Jazz!:)

Good job!

F.S.

well, i got the km102 left and right from the tombac...and he was sitting in the midle. i put the mics down to leave them out of the other instuments. they gave a very nice detail. so i put them half in the mix

the naiants i put XY from behind over the percusionists head, like u put a roommic on drums.
so im using the URS comps 1970, and they take all the percision inthere.
so i was mixin the tombac and i didnt feel it. i put the naiants in the mix and they blew me away. lots of nice bass. i had to mix mid like 2K out of it couse the sax is there too loud and makes it too roomy for the sax. but the bass in the room is amazing. it fills the whole song.

i put it like 25% in there.

im waiting to see what the other songs will do. greetz zebra

other comments?

Very nice playing zebra, and the mix sounds good. The percussion is very nice. The sax sounds more dry or close than the rest of the instruments. Not bad, just more present. I would put more room on the sax part...
Great recording and great playing....:cool::D:cool::D

interesting... i love phrygian mode as much as the next guy... ok probably more... and the time sig is cool too.... i guess the only gripe i have is in calling it jazz... and probably fusion as well... what is it that makes it jazz??? and what styles are you fuseing??? sounds pretty typical mid eastern to me... but there it is... not saying it's bad...

interesting... i love phrygian mode as much as the next guy... ok probably more... and the time sig is cool too.... i guess the only gripe i have is in calling it jazz... and probably fusion as well... what is it that makes it jazz??? and what styles are you fuseing??? sounds pretty typical mid eastern to me... but there it is... not saying it's bad...
I agree it sounds really good for what it is: a live recording. But it's not Jazz. Still good though...

LOL NO, dont worry, i called it anything interesting. its mid eastern or a bit more different then...... dont know what to call it. maybe i call it different cause u can hear the guys are not from the middle east. to me it make it sound more open and more relaxed. the sax made it moody and swingy.

is it jazzy fusion? i dont think about it, i just listen and feel.

what u think of the mix?

Back