IO26 / Cubase LE question

chicken gutz

Just bought an Alesis IO26 after using the MultiMix 8 Firewire for 6 months (I needed more inputs), and having set it up to record my 7 drum mics, I find I need to max out the faders in Cubase to get any volume at all on playback.

The preamps on the IO are set so that the level meters on both the IO and Cubase bounce into the yellow just shy of clipping when I play as loud as I can.

• All drivers are current.
    I've tried using the AC adapter instead of powering through the firewire card.
    I've set the default playback device to the IO.

None of the above have made any difference.

Also, when I monitor my guitar through headphones, I only get a left channel. The problem is unrelated I'm sure, but I thought I'd tap the resource here for a suggestion.

Thanks in advance!

i'm on C4 but am assuming le is the same at least in this respect...
within cubase you should have 2 places to adjust the level... both at the input for the vhannel and the output... are you sure your doing both???

re: guitar monitoring.... i suspect you have set up a stereo input feeding a stereo bus... change the input to mono....

when you're monitoring in Cubase are the meters getting up near clipping or are they way down low? I would trust Cubase's meters more than the few segment LED's on the Alesis peice. Are you monitoring back w/ headphones? Maybe the headphone amp in the IO26 isn't all that powerful.

I'm looking at the IO26 myself. I'm running multiple firepod's right now, but I'm interested in that Jet jitter technology in the IO26. I think it may provide overall a more stable performance, and I could get some Digimax FS's to bring into the ADAT in's. There's just really not a whole lot of info out there on the IO26 right now. What are your thoughts on it. How do the driver's handle on your system? Low latency?

Good luck to ya.

earthboundrec said:
I'm looking at the IO26 myself. I'm running multiple firepod's right now, but I'm interested in that Jet jitter technology in the IO26. I think it may provide overall a more stable performance, and I could get some Digimax FS's to bring into the ADAT in's. There's just really not a whole lot of info out there on the IO26 right now. What are your thoughts on it. How do the driver's handle on your system? Low latency?

Good luck to ya.

Why would you get the IO26 instead of the Presonus Firestudio? it has 26 I/O and also the Jet PLL jitter technology, seems like you like Presonus cause you have a couple of pod's. I can say its a kick ass unit, I own one. ;)

Carter said:
Why would you get the IO26 instead of the Presonus Firestudio? it has 26 I/O and also the Jet PLL jitter technology, seems like you like Presonus cause you have a couple of pod's. I can say its a kick ass unit, I own one. ;)

Firestudio is definately an interesting peice.. I really just want something that's not rack mounted though. For my live set up I need multiple outputs, but I don't need to lug around an SKB case that's hard to see my output connections through the back, especially in low light. Also the $399 price tag is quite a draw. I definately do like Presonus' stuff. Very stable units. But yeah, having eight pre's right in front of you with LED's, and outputs that are very accessible, it's got me wanting one for sure.

Back