introduction and quick question on combining mixer and USB interface

Does anyone here speak English??? I think I'll just go sit quietly in the corner until my head stops spinning....

Ok - you meant 15 inches per second... Thought 38 centimeters was a bit wide for an audio tape.

"The decibel unit can also be combined with a suffix to create an absolute unit of electric power. For example, it can be combined with "m" for "milliwatt" to produce the "dBm". Zero dBm is the level corresponding to one milliwatt, and 1 dBm is one decibel greater (about 1.259 mW).

In professional audio specifications, a popular unit is the dBu. The dBu is a root mean square (RMS) measurement of voltage that uses as its reference approximately 0.775 VRMS. Chosen for historical reasons, the reference value is the voltage level which delivers 1 mW of power in a 600 ohm resistor, which used to be the standard reference impedance in telephone circuits."

You're making me work...

Last edited:
Ok - you meant 15 inches per second... Thought 38 centimeters was a bit wide for an audio tape.

"The decibel unit can also be combined with a suffix to create an absolute unit of electric power. For example, it can be combined with "m" for "milliwatt" to produce the "dBm". Zero dBm is the level corresponding to one milliwatt, and 1 dBm is one decibel greater (about 1.259 mW).

In professional audio specifications, a popular unit is the dBu. The dBu is a root mean square (RMS) measurement of voltage that uses as its reference approximately 0.775 VRMS. Chosen for historical reasons, the reference value is the voltage level which delivers 1 mW of power in a 600 ohm resistor, which used to be the standard reference impedance in telephone circuits."

You're making me work...

Welcome! now Im going to sit in the corner:D

Does anyone here speak English??? I think I'll just go sit quietly in the corner until my head stops spinning....

Count yourself lucky to be doing audio in 2016 RF! When I began there were SEVEN different mains power connectors (plus whatever industry used). Almost every mic manfctr has his own style connector, Reslo, Grampian, Audix, Philips......Most stuff was valved. Bloody useless things that needed shedloads of power and had bloody silly intrinsic in and out Zs.

OP level was all over the shop. For some time when I started there were at least two tape EQ standards. There were 5 or 6 disc replay EQs and at least one hi fi amp supplied different EQ circuits in a B7G based plug in can. (compose of resistors and, wait for it! CAPACITORS!)Boom! Boom!)

Audio gear floggers like dBu of course cos it makes their headrooms look 2.2dB better! Oh! BTW. ALWAYS assume noise figures are weighted (makes them better by ~10dB) "they" rarely tell you this!

But! Peace and love and HNY!

Dave.

Back