Internet Vendors

When it comes to pricewatch.com, all I have to say is Buyer Beware. I have seen my fair share of poor/unprofessional vendors on that site that could care less about delivering product as promised among other things...

Additionally, pricewatch.com is greared more torwards mainstream pc users. It will not provide a good source for DAW related hardware/software.

I would rather go to zzounds.com for that kind of thing. I actually bought an Audiophile 2496 in person at a Guitar Center for less than any online vendor. Moral of the story - online shopping isn't always the cheapest way to go.

Buyer beware EVERYWHERE!

What you need to be most careful with when using small vendors is that they actually honor the prices they've quoted. Pricewatch has actually gotten much better over the years. Vendors are now required to provide maximum shipping costs, and users are welcome to complain about any vendor.

Lots of good guys do advertise on pricewatch...that's how I found newegg! But yeah, if you get a "yucky" feeling when visiting the website of any vendor...just pass em up. And if the price is too good to be true, email or call them about it in advance.

For music stuff I've always stuck with 8thstreet.com for just about everything. I just like they way they do business. In fact just the other day I realized I lost my original receipt for something I bought there that needed warranty service...I emailed 8thstreet and the next day I had a new copy of the receipt.

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks Slack, I'm gonna bookmark 8thstreet.

(And while zzounds does sponsor this site, I take issue with them giving the retail price of a product as $549.95 and listing their "Discount Price" as $550).

zzounds is pretty good I hear. I buy from all kinds of websites, but I try to find a rating about them somewhere first. Absolutely buyer beware when it comes to the internet :)

Back