Internet or Web-Based DAWs

The sites are kind of scary, just packed with chaos so I don't know what to make of them. Been a while since I used programs like that but I have used E-Jay and fruityloops studio.
But with a name like yours it would seem like you would know something more :)

Might be fun to play with, but why would you invest time and
effort into a tool that could go away tomorrow?

A few years ago they tried to push MSOffice-type programs that were web-based
but the same holds - no website or company lasts forever and what happens when
you get up one morning and it's no longer there?

Might be fun to play with, but why would you invest time and
effort into a tool that could go away tomorrow?

A few years ago they tried to push MSOffice-type programs that were web-based
but the same holds - no website or company lasts forever and what happens when
you get up one morning and it's no longer there?

That's not entirely the same thing though. (Besides the fact that people do use Google docs and some other online office software.)

Audio work is high-performance, and has real-time aspects to it. Real-time tends to be spotty across networks, which I can see as being a huge drawback.
On the other hand, if the software does all the actual processing locally and just stores the data online, I could see that being somewhat useful. "Cloud" storage is pretty useful.

An example application that I could picture: I travel around with a DR1 for bootlegging shows. If I didn't have a laptop, I could borrow a computer after each show, plug the DR1 in, and edit my tracks using this online software.

Reaper on a flash drive and direct box would probably be a better solution, but the app-based idea is probably simpler.

The closest I've come to actually using this software is that I have Uloops on my phone, which does all the audio processing and storage online. I've only played around with it a little.

Back