Interface Recording

Ko17

Hi, so I am a poor college student with almost no income during the school year, but during the summer I have a decent paying job. I currently have a M-Audio mobilePre USB interface, it has served me well for the last year, but it's time for me to upgrade. I obviously want to go firewire but want to spend under 500. I am just wondering if any of you own/know a quality interface that is worth buying? Thanks

Sure lots. How many inputs do you need? The MOTU 8Pre would be great and gives you 8preamps. IF you don't need that many, the Focusrite SaffireLE may do the trick. Just depends on what you need.

btw- I'm just across the river from you...down the road from NKU.

If you're willing to go $500 then $550 will get you a Motu8Pre.
Then you'd be able to do a full band and be on-par with a world-class studio circa mid-1990s.... that's worth $50 more....

i got a onyx 400f for 400 off ebay.

but that's sorta rare...actually really rare. i got an sm57 with it too. a real one.

its a little more quality than the 8pre...but..it's only got 4 preamps. but there are 4 more inputs, and 2 spdif. perfect for me...i would just wait to get more mics and pre's. which won't happen for a while

cool cool, yea ive heard good things about motu, my friend recently got a Phonic 18 channel firewire mixing board, are these any good?, it seems like one of those, too good to be true deals...and i'm from cincinnati, but i actually go to school at Ohio Universtiy, but its still fairly close, some of my friends go to NKU :)

Back