Interface is assigning one input to two tracks?!

Will25

Hi, just plugged in my Io26 and when I'm monitoring it on my computer, I've got the insert in input 1 coming up as inserts 1 + 2 on the direct monitoring...and insert 2 coming up as 3-4 etc etc. Anyone know why this is doign this? This is kind of urgent as we're meant to be recording in an hour. This has never happened before! Many thanks!"

Hi will.
I'm a bit late, sorry.

What exactly are you setting up.

When you say inserts, is that what you mean? (think effects loop), or do you just mean inputs?

Tell us exactly what's plugged in, where it's plugged, and what software you're using.

Hi, no worries, thanks for the reply. Basically I'm just plugging in say a xlr into the 1st port of the interface but on the direct monitoring app it's showing sound coming in on both line 1 + 2. The thing is they come up *slightly* differently, it's strange.

I phoned up Alesis and they said ti was a hardware fault...because inserts 1 + 2 aren't even linked, apparently. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to work but yesterday it was working on and off. Alesis charge £30 per hour to repair out of warranty so I'm hoping it will be ok!

Wow. How strange.

Is it like this?
1 shows as 1+2
2 shows as 3+4
3 shows as 5+6

or like this

1 shows as 1+2
3 shows as 3+4
5 shows as 5+6

If it's the later, could it be a simple stereo grouping option? I know my Motu software has the option of pairing inputs into a joint meter and fader.

Inputs and inserts are different things. You call them inserts but the context suggest you mean inputs. Which do you mean?

Back