Interface broke. Need a new one for cheappppzzzzzzieesssss

BRIEFCASEMANX

Winner chicken dinner!
I had a Presonus Firepod (renamed to FP10 later). It just broke after like 7 years of service. It got insanely hot, I turned it off for awhile, and now it won't sync with my computer.

I don't record bands anymore so I don't require a lot, basically I just want 1-2 XLR/TS preamps for those rare times I need to plug in a microphone or keyboard, 2 1/4" outputs for my monitors (which I just use as normal computer speakers now). I just want to be able to plug a mic in once in awhile, and to listen to music through my monitors (2 hours with no music and I'm already dying). Whatever interface can offer this functionality at a real cheap price with halfway decent converters wins!

If it were a few years ago I wouldn't have needed to make this thread but I've been out of the game for a long time and I don't know what's good these days.

Thanks Ted, love your friend Briefcasemanx.

The Presonus Firestudio Mobile is available at Sweetwater for $250. Their service is amazing. Same Pre's as the Firepod, and it looks like everything you need. I still miss my FP10.

Recently acquired the Focusrite Saffire 2i2. Very happy with all aspects. Very clean preamps. Drivers worked first time no hassle. It also looks very cool with it's red metal casing. :D

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Stay with Presonus - Mobile - it's great - good pre-amps and Studio One DAW software. Have been using for a couple of years ... good support - reliable.

Stay with Presonus - Mobile - it's great - good pre-amps and Studio One DAW software. Have been using for a couple of years ... good support - reliable.

+1 bro. Definately PreSonus. Their support is awesome and so are their products!

- 2 for presonus. Change to Focusrite. The 2i2 comes in anodized red metal, looks really cool. :D

Back