Interesting monitor shoot-out review

jeffree

If you're shopping for monitors, the new issue of Future Music mag has a blind monitor shoot-out, a lengthy article that shares a group of six engineers' impressions of about a dozen popular monitors at various price points... Mackie, Samson, KRK, Behringer, Dynaudio, Genelec, etc. A lot of monitors are missing, but I always enjoy such blind reviews, in which the brand names and stereotypes mean absolutely nothing.

I don't want to spoil too many surprises, but the two Samson Rubicon models (with ribbon tweeters) took highest honors at the lowest price points.

J.

thats my favorite too...blind tests, no marketing brainwash visual going on.

my brother and I were talking about this, how many Hofner bass electric guitars would have sold without McCartney?

I don't want to spoil too many surprises, but the two Samson Rubicon models (with ribbon tweeters) took highest honors at the lowest price points.

Hi..... :confused:
please..!....surprise us!!! :p
Awaiting !! :)

Sorry guys, but I don't have a copy at home. I read it over a cup of coffee at Borders bookstore yesterday. I'm heading out of town for the holiday tomorrow, but I'll take some notes and post them after my return if no one else chimes in before then.

The review was the basic informal set-up that Future Music has used before... a group of pros, the monitors hidden from view, a variety of reference CDs, and open discussion. I wish I'd been there.

J.

Back