Interest in XLR wall plates?

Adam P

I've come to the conclusion that I'm eventually going to want to make some wall plates for putting in recording rooms to plug mics into, so I contacted my wife's step-brother, who does precision machining, and talked about getting together with him and making some.

At the risk of sounding like a spammer (which isn't my intention), what I'm wondering is if anyone else here would have an interest in buying such panels? We're talking 8, 16, 24 inputs. The panels would probably be black anodized aluminum with etched numbers. I'd like to make them conform to standard rack sizes (probably four spaces for a 24 input panel), for easy mounting in a rack if desired. They'd be loaded with Neutrik chassis mount mic connectors. I'm not sure how much we'd ask for them, but it would be a fair price for sure.

Now, we're not totally sure that we'll even make them, it's only an idea at this point, but if we make one we might as well make several once the setup's out of the way, so if anyone does have any interest at all feel free to reply. Mods, if you feel this is spam and should be moved or deleted, I apologize.

I'm not sure, as we just started discussing it today. My initial thought is to do 8 channels on a 2U and 24 on a 4U, but that could change due to any number of things, if we even do them at all. Thanks for showing your interest though!

How many channels? 8? 16? 24?

Would anyone else be interested? Please let me know, as I'd love to see this happen.

Back