Integrating daw and Akai

tjsmithmusic

Guys, I've been using a Akai DPS 16 track for years. i took a break and got into a studio using Samplitude software. needless to say, I loved it! Now I'm back to my Akai and want to be able to dump the tracks from Akai into a designated computer so I can cut/Paste/edit/do a little eq and then mix it. What software can I get that will allow me to import and then mix the tracks. I also have an extra DPS16 for 32 total tracks, so I may want to import those extra tracks as well. Does this Reaper do that? I have used Audacity in the past but it won't let me import/export certain things without an add-on converter. Which is more stable? or please recommend something else whether Garage Band, Band in a box? help me out.Thanks

This is a hardware thing - You're going to need an interface with as many inputs as you need simultaneous inputs.

Sure - You can slate the lot and bring them in one (or two, assuming you have a stereo converter) at a time - But if you want 24, you're going to need an interface with (at least) 24 inputs. The software doesn't matter a hoot (assuming the software can handle 24 individual tracks - or however many you need in total).

Well, i can actually dump the wave files to a disc and from the scsi drive and just load them into the computer, so that's not an issue. I just wondered if all the software out there was designed to import wave files and then let me edit them. Guess my question was answered though. Thanks

In Samplitude, you just click File>Load/Import>Load Audio File. But any decent DAW software should have a similar function.

Back