Instrument packs similar to Logic Pro X

Xcaliber

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for so I thought I would explain it and see if any one has some suggestions. I'm waffling between using Logic Pro X and Reaper for my home studio. I'm a guitar player and a hobbyist who likes to write and record songs for fun. The one thing that keeps drawing me back to Logic is their built in library of software instruments and sounds. I have EZ Drummer and I prefer that to Logic's Drummer function (they don't have good options for Hard Rock and Metal IMO), but I like to add piano, keyboard, bass guitar, electronic drums, and especially use the arpeggiators to mess around with.

So my question is are there other pieces of software (preferably cheap, $150 max, or better yet free) or software packages that I could buy to use in Reaper that would give me a similar selection to what's available in Logic?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like the price just jumped up $37---but, at $150, this is still a deal for all the quality stuff you get. I've had no problems the AIR instruments and Reaper.

Paj
8^)

Back