Installing Plug ins

-Pat-

So I just got a bunch of new VSTi's, plug ins and samples about 250 gigs worth (komplete 8) and I was wondering If I should install them on my computer or on my external drive so it won't slow down my computer. And if I should do it on my external drive then how do I? I tried to install melodyne on it but Mac OS X isn't on the external drive so how would I get that set up and if it was on my external drive then could I access them easy from Logic Pro 9? Any answers would be great thanks.

Last edited:
Really! Can't imagine why you would need that many plugins, ever! Put them on your hard drive in your VST folder, putting them on an external drive could slow processing down when you use them.

Well... I was going to get Kontakt, but the komplete 8 was only 100$ more and has Kontakt as well Absynth and a ton of great stuff and got an additional 120$ off. I agree that is more then what I'll be needing but it did have a few that I have been wanting to get for a while so it was a pretty great deal.

Well... I was going to get Kontakt, but the komplete 8 was only 100$ more and has Kontakt as well Absynth and a ton of great stuff and got an additional 120$ off. I agree that is more then what I'll be needing but it did have a few that I have been wanting to get for a while so it was a pretty great deal.

Aaahhh, you need to amend your initial post to ..."just got a bunch of VSTi's, samples and plugins - Komplete 8, 250 gigs worth - where do I install ?"

Got USB 3 ?

Tried the NI forums ?

Ha! ok.

The plugins should still be installed where your other VSTi plugins are installed (probably system drive).

But the samples yes should be installed on a second or preferably 3rd hard drive.

Back