Installation on 2 Machines?

Rash

HI Guys,

I Upgraded from Logic Express to Logic Studio. Thinking of eventually investing in a Mac Pro. Right now using MacBook Pro. What is the possibility of installing Logic on 2 machines? I heard this is possible but not sure how it works. Any help?

It's fine to install on two different machines (provided you own both of them, of course), but Apple has a built-in protection mechanism that prevents you from operating Logic on both machines at the same time.

I do exactly this. I have Logic on my main Mac in the studio, but also have it installed on my MacBook for the occasional on-location recording. I just can't have Logic running "live" on both computers simultaneously.

Wouldn't the only way it would know is if both machines were connected to the internet or the same network?

Good point. I never thought about it, but I'm always on-line, since most everything I do is submitted over e-mail or ftp upload. Yeah, you could just disconnect the internet connection on one machine to run it on multiple computers. (Whether or not that conflicts with your own ethical standards is one's own opinion, although in most cases I don't think it's really breaking any rules.)

Back