inspire crackles on monitoring. Clock?

mick8569

Ok i have recently purchased a Presonus Inspire, and have been getting mass crackles/white noise on monitoring of recorded material in cubase LE. Once I export an audio mixdown the vast majority of these crackles disappear. When i monitor through the inspire software without going through cubase the monitoring is fine.

I took it back to the shop today and the store guy tested it on his mac and it worked well. He told me that my problems probably stem from me running a PC and the clock not being set up properly and suggested that i need to set the clock to be 'device' not 'pc'.

When i look at my clock settings (devices>device set up> vst multitrack) i can select the inspire as the asio driver (there is no other option) and for the clock source there is also only one option which is a 16 digit code of numbers and letters followed by MSU synch ou. so i assume that is the the inspire as the source?

so i am lost, i really dont understand clocks, but there doesnt seem to be any option for me to change anyway. im not sure what other information would be useful, im running a pretty new computer on win xp. I had some trouble installing cubase LE, it keeps popping up with errors whenever i put the CD in, the install bar goes most of the way then the installation crashes so im not sure if it is completely installed or not and if this is the source of the problems?

thanks for your help,
Mick.

answering myself here in case anyone else has the same problem, this is actually for a firepod, but worked for my inspire, and i assume some of the solutions would expand beyond the presonus family:

http://presonus.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=69&id=28&artlang=en

the specific thing that worked for me was changing audio priority to very high and unchecking multiprocessing within cubase.

so now its all working sweet :D excuse me, i have some recording to do.
(sorry if the post is redundant)

Back