Inside your soul

Myx62

Ive been away for a while. My wife just went on another manic, so now I have time to do some music again....
I wrote this song for a special lady. Yeah, Im trying to move on....
I lost my tracks on this song and wanted to redo the vocals. All I had was the mixdown and doctored it up the best that I can. Now I know my vocals suck but on this song are they at least tolerable? I really dont want to compleatly redo this song.
This is a bit out of charecter for me. The lady I wrote it for likes country and this is as close as I can get.
The song is "Inside your soul" tell me if the words are clear and go ahead and tear apart the mix if ya want.....
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1929&alid=-1
Myx

cool song.. bit of an A.I.C. feel.. I think the vocals are a bit off in spots though.. I would take another pass at it.. You might want to cut down on the multiple voice parts too.. some of them sound out.. good acoustic sound.. don't like that snare but it's preference.. good vocal sound and use of effects.. It sounds off in quite a few spots.. I'm sure it could be nailed with more takes.. I would check it out before I gave it to her if I was you.. I like the song! Sounds nothing like country, but it could work..

I agree Sam that the Vocals are off on the Harmonies especially. I also hear some AIC in the vocals.
In order for me to do another pass I would have to redo the entire song, which I think Im going to do. I lost all my tracks and only have the mixdown. I added another vocal track to cover up some mistakes and it didnt work.
Thanks for the listen

Myx,
It's a shame you lost those tracks. Sounds like you had quite a bit of time invested. I really like the acoustic tone you got there. Actually the whole song is pretty damn good! I did hear some kind of high frequency somethin goin on there... hard to describe, not a ringing but close to it... maybe it's reverb or something. It's definitely not country though. Don't you worry though... that lady will have you line dancin in no time! And you'll be postin up Dwight Yoakum covers real soon! J/K!!! Best of luck man. BTW.. the tune I posted yesterday might just hit pretty close to home for you.

bd

BDB: I could relate to your tune.
I can hear a strange ringing on my car stereo with this tune, but not on my JBL's or Headphones. Im just going to redo the entire song....
Man Im going to miss that slight dog barking in the background-lol. I wasnt really trying to do a country song-lol Just something that someone that likes country would at least enjoy. This lady like my wife used to do before the honeymoon was over was humor me when I played some heavy Rock stuff. Oh she like that pile drivin shit my ass....
Anyway this will be a pain in the ass to do over. It sucks..... Oh well, Im sure it happens to all of us. Not sure I can capture the moment again, but at least my vocals will probably be better.
Thanks for the listen

Downloaded this a few days ago and just getting to listen. The mix sounds huge...very panned out.

I'm not sure I like the drum sound on this. Somehow they sound a bit distracting, but not too bad. I'm not sure what it is about them.. :confused:

Vocals sound good overall but a little off in places (I'm notorious for this...) But definitely a good start.

I like that use of reverb on the vocals at about the 3:10 mark or so. Adds another dimension to the tune.

Sounds well played to these ears.

Overall nice job, may just need a bit of tweaking -- imho -- :)

:D

Ha! That lead sounds like country! LOL :) The thunder, rolls... OK... ;)

Wow, is the SUB BASS on kick drum ever there? Booty shake, everyone :)

FX are covering your voice... and you know that... so... well... :D mmm.... (not going there)

The harmonies/minor chords/chord voicings do suggest AIC... not bad... a country-ish power ballad.

May want a small boost around 900-1100Hz on your vocal tracks... just to help balance things...

Not sure why, but this sounds like one of "Track Rat's" oldies but goodies :)

Keep 'em comin!

Chad

Boydrj: Thanks for the comments. I have redone the song because I think I could do better on the vocals. I lost the tracks to the original. Im actually done, and now am mixing and mixing, you know the drill. I never seem to get a second try better though as far as compleatly redoing the entire song. This one seems to be going well though....
Thanks for the listen

Participant: The lead sounds country-lol , Maybe I should add some slide gtr. I will see what I can do on the new version. FYI and Sammy's I was actually try to get the AIC harmonies going on this. Its really tough. Thanks for the Listen
Myx

I like what you did with the mix. The snare could be a bit more natural sounding, sounds mid scooped. guitars nice, a little beefy on the low wounds strings for me, but you might want that. Vocal could use that xtra lift that Chad mentioned.

Are we all listening to the same song? I hear nothing even remotely country in this tune. What country are we talking about here?

Seriously, while you did get a nice big sound out of this mix and the guitars were tracked nicely, the vocals are definitely a problem and should be retracked. It sounds like you have a decent voice and should have no trouble nailing this. What might be holding you back? Is it something in your recording process? Is the monitor mix drowning out your vocal while tracking?

Thanks Toki for the listen and comments. I really didnt think thios song was that great though. It pays to have objective ears.

Ashulman: The country thing was really a joke. Im actually as most here know a Hard Rocker..... I cant retrack because I lost the tracks and only have a mixdown. I have redone the song though and now I can retrack the vocals.
Thanks the listen
Myx

Back