InSaNe MiCiNg

young_techy

I AM 14 AND OWN A SMALL STUDIO IN MY BASEMENT THAT I RUN OFF MY COMPUTER THAT I MANAGE FROM KEEPING UP 3 JOBS.
I HAVE BEEN MAINLY USING MY TSUDIO FOR PERSONAL USE BUT HAVE RECORDED SOEM SMALL PROJECTS AND WHEN I RECORD DRUMS I USE 2 MICS:
1 CHEAP MIC I BOUGHT AT A GARAGE SALE FOR LEFT OVER HEAD
1 OK MIC I BOUGHT ON SALE AT SOME MUSIC STORE FOR RIGHT OVERHEAD AND..
1 CHEAP MIC MY DAD GAVE ME.. (ITS SO HORIBLE BUT IT GETS THE JOB DONE) FOR THE BASE DRUM... AND THE DRUMS I RECORD SOUND REALLY GOOD.

Sounds like you are already having a lot of fun, and you are learning young. That's admirable. But did you actually have a question?

Also note that for future posts, don't use all capital letters. That's how you shout on a computer, and some people consider it rude and won't respond.

Well done on your efforts.

hey guys...I think he was shouting because like us, he is finding out recording is soooo cooool....and he had no question...just wanted to tell the world:D

way ta go, Mr young techy!!

Markd102 said:
Also note that for future posts, don't use all capital letters. That's how you shout on a computer, and some people consider it rude and won't respond.

Well done on your efforts.

JERKS. SOMETIMES THE CAPS LOCK IS JUST STUCK ON AND SINCE MOST PEOPLE LOOK AT THE KEYBOARD RATHER THAN THE SCREEN IT'S EASY TO MISS. THEY MIGHT NOT MEAN TO CYBERSHOUT, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

i have a better idea!

why don't you guys just LEARN how to type, so you don't HAVE to look at the keyboard when you're typing? ;)

adriano

Marks response to the guy was pretty nice and peaceful.....i dont get the reaction to it.....you guys need to chill.....

if you need me i will be LIVING IN A VAN....DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!!!!

Hold it down

ALL THIS UPPERCASE IS DEAFENING.:mad:

HokyPokyNose:

Caps Lock do sometimes get left on, that is true, but I would hope that everyone eventually looks at the screen before submitting. I need to look at the screen so I can get my cursor to the 'Preview Reply' box, but I'm old. I always have to preview my reply because I mixed get words often up and realize it don't.:rolleyes:

Young_Techy:

You have come to the right place to learn all there is to know about home recording, computer etiquette and 101 ways to "cain't we all just get along?" Nobody meant any harm here. Check out some of the other threads on this forum. There have been some knock-down dragouts. Keep up the good work.:D

papajack,

having been in many other discussion boards, i must say this one is very peaceful. we're all for the most part polite and helpful, at least i try to be.:)

adriano

It Ain't Perfect But It is Better than Most

Postalblue:

I do agree with you. There have been definite moments on some threads where the testosterone levels got to the point of the mouth being in motion before the brain is in gear. As I stated in my previous post though, this is the right place to learn a lot. There are many, many experienced recording experts here who are more than willing to share their knowledge, and yes, compared to other forums of this type, this one is by far the tightest. There are a few hotheads out here and they generally get put into their place by the ones who have something usefull to say and experience to share. Opinions are opinions and we all have one, some can't accept others, but what I like here is the practical experience that is shared. It is based on been there, done that. I definetly listen to all the "been there, done that" because that is where I learn the most.

I hope Young_Techy shares more of his experience with us. Coming from a 14 year old is pretty neat. It was obvious he was proud and enjoying himself.

Happy Recording to all,

Jack:)

Back