Input question for 880ex!

stephensolo

i want to record live to the roland vs 880ex with my band. (using all 8 tracks at once) But the 880 only allows 6 analog inputs and two digital. i don't understand this. what can i even plug into the digital inputs (besides a drum machine which we don't use)? i really wanted to mic 2 guitars, 2 vocals, 1 bass, and 3 on the drums. Can i do this with the 880ex?
AND, if not, can i at least record 6 tracks at once, then later the remaining 2 using only the analog inputs???

I'm curious to know the answer. I want to be able to record on all audio 8 tracks (not necessarily simultaneously) and then mix all 8 down. Is that not possible?

It's possible. I even have some songs with 30-40 tracks, using the virtual tracks, and bounce them down to my computer 8 tracks at a time. You could also bounce these internal to the 880, but it's much easier for me to send them to the PC, and then use software, such as n-track, Vegas, etc, to combine them into a single wav for mastering and burning to CD.

You can record on all 8 tracks simultaneously, but the 880 v-xpanded only has has 4 analog inputs so you could only do 4 sources at once. You could do more sources than the number of inputs on the 880 by getting an external mixer and routing from that into the 880.

Back