Info on these ludwig drums

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure they look like the 70's design of Ludwig toms, may be completely wrong however haha

Ludwig drums tend to be good quality, but it depends where they are made, check to see if they have a serial number or date inside them.

They look as though they have good remo skins, so I would imagine they would sound good, better than mine anyway

you do have to watch out for people re-wrapping drums, and putting a new logo on, so they look good, but they might not be what they seem

they're 70's era ludwigs (you can tell with the badge - they used a keystone badge, like now, just small, in the 60's, and in the 80s they changed the blue and olive badge to have rounded edges), either classic or super classic (count the plies of the shell.. if there's 6, it's a classic, if it has 4 plies, then it's a superclassic). maple and poplar shells.

generally nice sounding drums, although i've never played a single headed set. my double sided set sounds fantastic. prone to punch! great for old rockish type sounds.

i'd wait for a double sided set, though.

yup, definitely 70s ludwig, in a finish they called "chromowood" (chrome over wood)

those are actually pretty collectable. what kind of mounts do they have? just the "clip" style (slides onto a pole) or an actual classic mount?

if they're the clip style, they were intended to be used as concert toms, which is why they are single sided.

are they yours? I think you should sell them to me. haha

Back