Inexpensive amp for hi-fi speakers

RichJ

Hi all,
I'm currently running my Fast Track Pro into an old Marantz stereo receiver driving old CervinVega D-4s. This works fine for me, but the receiver is dying (volume fads or cuts out and I have to boost the volume really high to get it back, go figure).
Anyway, I'm looking for a really inexpensive amp to replace the receiver. I have next to no budget. Anyone know about this co-called revolutionary T-amp that sells for $29 (I can afford that!)? Not sure if I can get it easily here in Canada.
Other option I suppose is the used market - probably lot's of stereo amps around as everybody is moving to 5.1., 7.1 or whatever it is these days.
Thanks,
-Rich

I'd go to your local Salvation Army or Goodwill first--I've been seeing some decent old receivers and amps surface for $20.00-$30.00. My current setup came from the SA--Paradigm Micro Monitors, $6.00 for the pair, and a JVC Micro Component System to power them, $10.00. Oh yeah, wall mounts from the bargain bin at KMart, $3.50.

Sounds pretty good for $20.00, although things will get bigger later, even if I don't take Extenze.;)

Back