Indie Type Thing

Listening on headphones, lead vocal maybe a tad low compared to drums? Like the dynamics at the " 100 page book on morality " part...love the crunchy fuzzy gtrs that kick in...this reminds me a lot of the band Grandaddy....very cool song!

Sounds nice! I like the mood created by the vocals against the music. The drums sound great but yeah i agree they sound almost too distinct and upfront, like a real drummer might layout naturally during the verses so you can really hear the words and pick it up as the music gets louder, maybe turning up the vocals would accomplish the same thing but i think you're really close to making this sound like a live take which is a great accomplishment. There's some great lyric lines in there, i just had to work hard to hear them! Guitars and bass sound well balanced, I think something taking the lead in the end jam might be interesting?

Sounds nice! I like the mood created by the vocals against the music. The drums sound great but yeah i agree they sound almost too distinct and upfront, like a real drummer might layout naturally during the verses so you can really hear the words and pick it up as the music gets louder, maybe turning up the vocals would accomplish the same thing but i think you're really close to making this sound like a live take which is a great accomplishment. There's some great lyric lines in there, i just had to work hard to hear them! Guitars and bass sound well balanced, I think something taking the lead in the end jam might be interesting?

Those are some great thoughts, thanks!

A bit like The Velvet Underground. Your monitors are doing there job. Vocals are the weakest link - rehearse your vocals - about 10,000 hours worth.

Back