Indie Movie - Music Needed

zekthedeadcow

HI everyone!

We have just about 4 weeks left of shooting the indie movie I've been working on since last July... Before we start post-production we are looking for as much music as possible.

Being that our production budget for our feature length DV(25) movie is about $7500 we arn't able to pay licensing except for one or two previously top40 songs. So this would be a "credit only" deal. Probably copy too.

We are pretty much looking at every genre... mostly acoustic rock similar to www.liliagriffin.com/ (who has already agreed) we are also looking for some blues and a bit of hiphop/R&B. Hard rock, metal, and the various *.cores are welcome too.

Basically if you have a song you would be willing to let us use we would love to hear it.

The intended plan for this production is to do the 2006 indie film festival circuit. There is the possibility for it being distributed as it is a dramatic comedy with a target audience of 12-18 year olds (were trying to get PG13 - mostly language issues :) ) If it fails to find distrobution "generally" it would be dead however it would probably get small sales from self marketing.

If we choose one of your songs we would need to sign a Film Master Use License Agreement which basically would say we can permanently attach your art to ours.

You can reply with links to this thread or email me at zekthedeadcow@hotmail.com if you want to mail me a CD I can email you my address.

Peace
Sam Javor
zekthedeadcow@hotmail.com
www.invisible-bridges.com

A) What's the deadline for submission

B) Have you chosen an open credits piece? If not, I might me interested in working on one if I had a title and basic breakdown of the story line.

Lemme know if this sort of thing piques your interest.

- Tanlith -

As far as deadline we want to be completely done by the first week of August in order to meet the the first deadlines for the 2006 festivals.

We havn't chosen what song is going where with the exception of the "dramatic sequence" (aka climax)

As far as theme: It's a multiple narrative of the personal connections between four community college students who each are being held back in the advancement of their life via substance abuse, disfunctional single parent, divorce, or dead girlfriend.

zekthedeadcow said:
Being that our production budget for our feature length DV(25) movie is about $7500 we arn't able to pay licensing except for one or two previously top40 songs. So this would be a "credit only" deal. Probably copy too.

Ok, can you explain "copy too?"

"Copy" means that you would get your very own free copy of the finished DVD.

We havn't decided if we want to do this with the bands yet as that can really add up as we would provide 1 to each person. But we would probably have to do a minimum of 1000 DVD's anyway. And we can't press them unitl after distrobution is figured out... which is likely to be late 2006 as distributers don't like to compete with pirated (or potentially pirated) merchandise.

zekthedeadcow said:
HI everyone!

We have just about 4 weeks left of shooting the indie movie I've been working on since last July... Before we start post-production we are looking for as much music as possible.

We are pretty much looking at every genre... mostly acoustic rock similar to www.liliagriffin.com/ (who has already agreed) we are also looking for some blues and a bit of hiphop/R&B. Hard rock, metal, and the various *.cores are welcome too.

Basically if you have a song you would be willing to let us use we would love to hear it.

The intended plan for this production is to do the 2006 indie film festival circuit. There is the possibility for it being distributed as it is a dramatic comedy with a target audience of 12-18 year olds (were trying to get PG13 - mostly language issues :) ) If it fails to find distrobution "generally" it would be dead however it would probably get small sales from self marketing.

If we choose one of your songs we would need to sign a Film Master Use License Agreement which basically would say we can permanently attach your art to ours.

You can reply with links to this thread or email me at zekthedeadcow@hotmail.com if you want to mail me a CD I can email you my address.

Peace
Sam Javor
zekthedeadcow@hotmail.com
www.invisible-bridges.com

Hi there,
My name is Freddy, and I'd like to invite you to take a tour onto my site to get an impression ab my music, and let me know if it looks(and sounds) OK for your needs. I've done quite a few projects like yours, and I think I can help you with my stuff. Please let me know.

Take care,
Freddy G
www.freddymusicstudio.com

hopefully I can reply to everyone this week but I got a lot of responses and other on going projects (just got a used webserver to setup/canabolize). I havn't listened to everything yet but will in the very near future.

Back