Indie/Hard Rock Song- Rockonin

rockonin

Hey guys here's a song i have written, played and recorded myself. I have been listening a lot to the Arctic Monkey ,Kasabian and The Last Shadow Puppets recently so this is a result of that. Its at 130 bpm. I made the drums using the BFD2 drum vst, the guitars were recorded with the boss pod. The bass was also di'd and mixed with the ampeg amp emulator vst. This is only the first mix. Want to get some vocals to this soon. Let me know what you think. Cheers

The mix needs work. The drums sound very fake. The panning/eq on the drums doesn't help. If you could get a real drummer in there I'm sure the mix would improve immediately. I feel like the mix is also missing some low end. Maybe you could bring that up.
Sorry If I sound harsh with all that. I like the song and I'm just trying to push your mix in the right direction.

Yeah, I have to agree, the drums sound too robotic. With some real drums, this song would be way sweeter. You had my head dancing in like 5 seconds! It just needs a mix o do the song some better justice.

Hey guys thanks for the replies, this recording was just a quick demo i did, as i was trying to find a band. I hardly did any mixing i did some panning and a bit of eq'ing. A lot of people really liked this song, and i did get quiet a few decent offers to join some bands.

I like the way the drums sound. Reminds me of an old nintendo game.

Hopefully you were not going for a real drum sound. Sounds neat.

Yeah i have two songs in this sort of style but the drums and mixes are better than this one. I'm thinking of trying to get a female vocalist might give the indie/hard rock sound an edge. Ill post as soon as possible. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Back