indie folk rock blah blah blah

donkeystyle

a while back i posted a song from this band. they're called moon, turn the tides. some guys on here expressed interest in hearing more stuff. i recently got a new computer and it has logic on it, so i decided to try to learn it and used this song to learn with.

the vocals are scratch and there were supposed to be more layers, but the band decided just to redo the whole song and broke up before we got to.

the song is called heyla.

let me know what you think of the mix and junk and what you would do different with what is there.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4482&alid=-1

thanks for your time guys, ben

Very good drums. They sound very full. Lots of kick. I like where the vocals are going, these just seem a bit low-fi. I see they won't be redone, but that is all this tune needs. Just a bit more snap into the vocals and it would be done. I like the tune. Thanks for posting it.
Ed

thanks for listening ed. i'm thinking maybe a little more snare and less bassdrum. maybe more floor tom, i dunno.

i mixed this on computer speakers, so it's hard to decide what to do. the other guy that helped record this has monitors that we normally use, but he's not around.

Last edited:
this is a good tune. it's not mixed as well as airplane though. the vocals seem to sit back a "little" too far. the bass drum does seem a little heavy too. the over all sound of airplane is bigger than heyla. maybe some things in heyla are over compressed? in airplane the vocals sound like they are stereo vs. heyla in mono.

i like heyla, it's a cool tune, but it needs the right mix. thanks again for letting me know that you posted it.

bass drum sits much better. the vocals are alot more upfront but I think they are panned too wide. definately an improvement over the last mix though, imho.

Like a mix of all those Teen Beat bands with the Fruit Bats. DIG this.

I wish I could find a girl who could sing.

Back