in the garage

SilentSound

Please allow me to throw some numbers and propositions at y'all.

I'm building in a garage in which I can't build a room within a room and am constrained to the original proportions.

The dimensions are as such:

17'3" wide
18'9" long
11'6" to the roughly 110 degree apex of the wooden roof
8' to where the wall and roof meet
In the back of the room there is a storage loft build 5' from the ground which extends 3' from the rear wall.

Walls are 1/2" stucco, 2" concrete, fiberglass between studs, and 5/8" drywall and spackle where necessary.

This is the only construction/soundproofing(decreasing if anything)that can take place due to the nature of our situation.

I'm working on pulling of the most cost-effective DIY acoustic treatment possible and this is where I need guidance.

My bass trap plan is similar to many others and is set but I have a few questions regarding diffusing as a means to deparallel the walls.

Would anyone recommend or reject one wall with foam/wood alternating baffles set up as such(but at a sharper angle):

with the other wall alternating as such with some sort of tube diffusor:

nn nn nn nn

Should it be all one or the other or does this seem satisfactory? Keep in mind that I will be doing extensive RTA'ing on the room. Looking at models of diffusion characteristics of each wall design, I found it to be a good mix of super-random and regularity. I can't find a model that mixes the two response-wise. Any suggestions?

Back