In the end (A refrain so far)

Ashway

English isn't my mother tongue. And this lyric may be provocative to some, still I'd be very glad if you could give me some feedback or suggestions etc.

Thanks!

Refrain:

In the last days we'll see clear.

What is of love, what is of fear.

All of our work, will unfold.

Did we use hay, wood or gold.

The children of God, will be revealed.

In Jesus name everything shall kneel.

And when He gets up to close the door.

They'll be locked outside, for evermore.

In the early 1970s I wrote christian songs, so I may have a perspective that others do not.

In the first verse of the refrain you are presenting two topics, the first is "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."
The second topic has to do with the separation of the chaff from the wheat.

In the second verse you are presenting the idea put forth in Philippians and Romans the every knee shall bow...every tongue confess...
In the second part of the verse you are talking about the day of judgement and separating the believers from the non believers.

These same subjects have appeared in hundreds of songs and in as many genre of music that you can imagine so it is difficult to say them in a new and interesting way. I think that you have managed to do just that. So I guess that I am saying, nice job.

In the early 1970s I wrote christian songs, so I may have a perspective that others do not.

In the first verse of the refrain you are presenting two topics, the first is "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."
The second topic has to do with the separation of the chaff from the wheat.

In the second verse you are presenting the idea put forth in Philippians and Romans the every knee shall bow...every tongue confess...
In the second part of the verse you are talking about the day of judgement and separating the believers from the non believers.

These same subjects have appeared in hundreds of songs and in as many genre of music that you can imagine so it is difficult to say them in a new and interesting way. I think that you have managed to do just that. So I guess that I am saying, nice job.

Thank you sir. I didn't expect that. :)

I've changed something in the ending and made the melody faster. I'm far from satisfied though..

In the last days we'll see clear.

What is of love, what is of fear.

All of our work, will unfold.

Did we use hay, wood or gold.

The children of God, will be revealed

In Jesus name everything shall kneel.

And when the door is shut. When it gets late..

Some will be outside the gate.

Back