IN PRAISE OF WD40

Hot Rocks

As some of you know from reading my posts,I just bought a porta one. I really like this deck for it's portable nature and I'm impressed with it's quality sound. It kinda broke after 2 hours of use. It was finicky right from the start and went down hill from there. tape play/record heads would not retract nor would it FF/RR, also made a straining sound.Well I took it apart,sprayed some WD40 into the gobledegook of the mechanics and Presto,It has been working perfectly for many hours of on and off since 4 pm yesterday.I was messing with it till 2 am. I don't know the history of the unit but the dealer who sold it said for at least 6 months it sat on a shelf,I hope the fix lasts,At least it's not too big of a deal to open it up. What amazing stuff.

I believe the army developed the stuff to keep moisture away from stored items. My uncle used to spray it on his bum shoulder. I've heard of other people using it for medicinal applications. I buy it by the gallon and just spray it around on cars or buildings or whatever might need moisture and rust protection. Works good as a cleaning solvent as it doesn't harm a lot of materials.

I've seen WD40 accelerate the rusting process on a radiator in a beater winter car I use to own. - I think it was the cause :)

Ever try WD40 with some ham on bread? It makes a marvelous meal...it's worthy of those expensive snooty restaurants. Also, try spraying WD40 on your head before tests...it inhances the thinking processes of the brain and allows you to blow through the test with flying colors :)

I'll pass on the bread application, But The scalpe/brain application might be worthy of consideration,exploration.Montys uncle surely did'nt apply this shit on his shoulder to be popular... or un popular..All those dead brain cells taking up valuable "real estate" who knows?

I am and will be drunk tonite,But I,m not THAT DRUNK to spray this shit on my head! But I have to admit,I'm wondering what kind of effect it would have on my thought processes

Just one word of caution. When the volatile solvents evaporate, they can leave a varnish like deposit. I have heard of the internal workings of some equipment (not electronic) being locked up from years of using this stuff. It is great on cars, but I wouldn't use it on fine moving parts.

Back