In Praise of Moskus

Qwerty

For making me get two monitors.

I still cannot rely on that evil console view, but Sonar on two monitors is truly a wonderful beastie - real estate, and lots of it! Enough even to keep that Track Inspector visible all the time ;)

Now - I am still on Win2k - I have seen some posts about XP having greater dual monitor configuration stuff.

What is it? Are the benefits enough to justify moving OS?

:) Q.

Qwerty said:
In Praise of Moskus
For making me get two monitors.
THANK YOU! :D :D :D

And yes, move up to Windows XP. Windows 98 was pretty good handling two monitors, Win2000 was... disappointing. WinXP does a good job. :) At least for my videocard, ATI Radeon 7500.

I stuck a dual-head Radeon 9600 into :)

Currently running one 19" at 1280 * 1024 and another 17" at 1152 * 8 hundred and whatever it is.

With XP is there a default mechanism for assigning which application and window appears on which monitor?

Cheers,

Q.

Qwerty said:
With XP is there a default mechanism for assigning which application and window appears on which monitor?
Nope. At least I don't think so...

The advantage (for me) is that ATI are making better drivers for XP than 2000.

Qwerty said:

Currently running one 19" at 1280 * 1024 and another 17" at 1152 * 8 hundred and whatever it is.

Cheers,

Q.

That is up to the driver that the manufacturer provides. nVidia has the nView software and ATI has Hydravision which is a separate download.

Qwerty said:

Cheers,

Q.

in XP pro with a nvidia card all you have to do is open the application move it to which ever monitor you want it to be on then close it. When you re open it, it will open up on the monitor you last closed the application on.

Teacher said:
in XP pro with a nvidia card all you have to do is open the application move it to which ever monitor you want it to be on then close it. When you re open it, it will open up on the monitor you last closed the application on.

I'm using XP Home with a Nvidia Card and a cheap PCI card (don't know which chipset). I do have the Nvidia driver, but I thought before I was running it if I opened a window in the secondary monitor next time I opened it, it opens in the same position as previous.

Porter

Back