In need of experienced advice....

vic91218

Hey guys.
I just completed my first album almost exclusively using CEP2.1 and Waves plugins. As I was working on the album, I began to talk with a few friends working with local studios who were raving about "Nuendo." I've read the poll posted in this forum, which shows that more people use CEP/Adobe. I'm convinced however that this is due to the fact that CEP is so much cheaper than Nuendo. So here's my question.... If I was less concerned about money, and more concerned about power...features...and ease of use, would I make a smart move by switching to Nuendo? Has anyone else here made a similar switch? I've also heard interesting things about samplitude. BTW...I hardly ever use midi...and I have a pretty high end PC.
Thanks...if I need to provide more information, just ask. =)
-Vic
Hope you guys can help...

As far as features are concerned, there isn't much that Nuendo doesn't hit on. It also seems to handle "abuse" with a little more style than most other systems. Is it worth the bucks? Certainly. In the grand scheme, it costs less than two good channels of conversion, a nice compressor or the UAD collection.

Massive Master said:
As far as features are concerned, there isn't much that Nuendo doesn't hit on. It also seems to handle "abuse" with a little more style than most other systems. Is it worth the bucks? Certainly. In the grand scheme, it costs less than two good channels of conversion, a nice compressor or the UAD collection.

Nuendo is a little lacking in the MIDI department when compared to other apps like Sonar. Nuendo is also on the pricey side.

I don't think Nuendo is worth the extra money since it is geared more torwards film scoring, etc. Cubase is cheaper and probably just as useful.

Back