in general about reaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to open the .dll files? :confused:

Those need to be opened by a VST host (Reaper).

You need to put the DLL files in your VST folder, ie:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

Then you open Reaper and it should find the new DLL file and the name should appear in the FX list when you click the FX button on the track.

turtlishous said:
i've tried to put them in the reaper folder but they won't go......theres something I'M doing wrong for sure i just have no idea what?!?!?!
What do you mean by "they won't go"?

Can you confirm that they're .dll files?

i drag it to reaper i get the message "error opening media"

Uh, no.

You cannot drag plugin files into an editor and expect them to work. They need to go into whatever folder is designated as the VST folder (somewhere under settings) and will be scanned for when reaper starts. Then you will be able to use them as inserts/instruments

turtlishous said:
yes they are .dll files and when i drag it to reaper i get the message "error opening media"

Dude I just told you to put them in a folder :confused:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

Okay.

Let's take this one step at a time.

You are having problems getting Reaper to load VSTfx and VSTi plugins.

The very first thing you need to do is hit Control + P. A 'Reaper Preferences' screen pops up. There is a list on the right side, and you want 'Plug-ins' and the sub head 'VST'. There you can type in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins. That should solve your first problem.

Reaper calls all plugins 'FX'. To place one in a track, click on the gray 'FX' in the track bar. This will bring up a list of all the plugins in the folder you've designated in 'Preferences'.

The above step-by-step instructions are provided as a public service. In the future, rtfm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back