Imput question for using "Hartke Combo"

Highpines

Thanks for looking! I have a Hartke "Kickback 15 combo" I just purchased and it does not have an "Aux send -return" ...I would like to run my rackmount "TPS II tube preamp" through it and or my "T.C Electronic" processor. Because these are line level signals (I've heard) and not instrument signals is there a problem chaining them together or just using one plugged into the amps single imput?? Say's nothing in the amps manual about this. My old combo I used the Aux -send so now not sure what to do.........Basicaly it would be ...Bass 2 preamp 2 processor 2 amp imput.................Thanks for your time!!

Yes, as boingoman said, you just won't want much gain on the Hartke as you have a hot signal coming onto it. Does it have a separrate master volume control?

Thanx... Actually the "TPS" has a pretty cool anolog and digital meter(s) on it to show how much your're working the "tube" plus a digital "dot from green to red" that shows the output (with a clip).
Now I want to use this stuff with a band I was call'd back to play with instead of using it to do the "Sonar " home studio thing that i've done for the last couple of years.......I guess the "live" stuff and "amps" just gets confusing after so much time bring locked up in our little world of "Home Recording".....just a thought...

Have you and/or anyone else tried the TPS II as a live-rig instrument preamp? I know it's bollocks for studio mic'ing, but for instruments and live sound? Any thoughts?

Ultimately, I'm aiming to get the JoeMeek TwinQ, but a short term solution would be grand (I'm a few paychecks off yet...).

Back