Improvements...

Alejo

I know this is not the proper forum for this topic, but every question I´ve asked so far has been solved in this comunity perfectly.

I must reinstall XP on my PC after some problems with the new motherboard I bought

The thing is: I have two HD, one of 4200 rpm,s and a new one of 7200 rpm´s. In order to get the best performance for recording, what should I do?

-Install XP in both HD (choosing which one I launch everytime I reboot), and install Cubase only in the fast one?. The fast HD will be focused only for Cubase and recording, avoiding interferences with other programs or proccesses. I would install Xp -as "naked" as I can- , and all I need for recording...

-Install XP and Cubase on the slow HD and record using the fast one, so the infomation and the writting comes from and goes to different places?. Basically I will treat the fast HD as a file of "my music" where all the songs are being recorded. This configuration could make everything smoother, I guess.

My specs are PIV 2.4, 1024 Mb Ram (2x512), Cubase SX.

Again, thanks a lot.

Alejo.

I would go for the second option. Your much better off having the fast drive as the audioholder, and you want Cubase on a different drive so it's not reading and writing to the same drive at the same time.

Sounds like your system will be pretty sweet if the first drive handles SX okay!

I believe the old HD will handle SX, because I used it before. I will follow your recommendation, Master.

Just a littel favour: If you have time you maybe can take a look to the thread I posted on guitar and basses

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=93959

it´s about a problem I just found with the pickup coils of my Strato. May be you have some ideas.

Txs again.

Alejo.

Alejo said:
I believe the old HD will handle SX, because I used it before. I will follow your recommendation, Master.

Just a littel favour: If you have time you maybe can take a look to the thread I posted on guitar and basses

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=93959

it´s about a problem I just found with the pickup coils of my Strato. May be you have some ideas.

Txs again.

Alejo.

I took a look at it but when it comes to wiring, unless it's plugging in stereo speakers I am a dunce. I just play 'em, I don't wire 'em. :D Sorry I can't help you more, good luck with that.

Back