impromtu drunkenacousticrecording

impromtu acousticrecording

ok - so i'll tear it apart before anyone else does

the vocals have a bit too much reverb at most times - but i recorded the guitar and vocals at the same time onto one track because my firepod's firewire stopped working and i had to use it as a single preamp for both mics to ONE track ...

so, in addition, i was monitoring from the same room (i know "why?" - drunken site-recording) - so his singing had some bleed back from my monitors giving a reverb i couldn't kill - but whatever. his performance also wavers occasionally, but it was a one-take, and he was also drunk.

what i'm really wanting comments on is my acoustic guitar sound. I've just recently started recording acoustic instruments, and i think its funner than i expected, and wanted some feedback.

Last edited:
Don't drink and track.:p

i know i know ... but sometimes the moment strikes you...

the thing is, actually, that i've jammed with this guy for a little while now, and he's SUPER quiet and softspoken ... then he just wailed this song for me and he had NEVER sang in front of people before - i thought he was good enough that i needed to capture it

Maybe a bit too much "room" too, adding to reverb, if intake gain gives I'd mic a bit closer, to get the sound more "in tour face"...?

Shit, you oughta get the dude drunk more often.:cool:

Maybe a bit too much "room" too, adding to reverb, if intake gain gives I'd mic a bit closer, to get the sound more "in tour face"...?

i agree ... i recorded it in the hallway that opens up into a studio-style apartment. Its where he first played me the song - so i originally wanted to capture that moment. it would have been nice to have seperate tracks for each mic instead of a mix .. but hey ... stuff breaks .. i guess..

Shit, you oughta get the dude drunk more often.:cool:

i intend to

Typing as listening... nice sound on the acoustic... don't hear any noise there.
The vocals and guitar don't seem to have the same room sound to them and sound like they could be evened out a bit... if you can't reduce the verb on the vox, maybe try increasing it on the guitar.
Otherwise, singing and playing sounds fine.
Not bad drunk dudes ;)

Back