importing wave trks to vf160

Emmanuel

Hello Everyone

So like 3 yrs ago I asked the question how can you save individual tracks on the vf160 and imported them to cakewalk now using Sonar 2.2. For the last 3 yrs I have been doing that with no problem just a lot of cd lying around with the original material. So two weeks ago my computer craped out and I lost everthing I had on my computer when it died. So now I have all these cd with the individual tracks of each song saved from my fostex. So does anyone out there know how to import those waves back to the fostex. I tried what the manual said but it saved each wave file track as a new program. So prgm 60 was the bass , prgm 61 was the guitar and so on. Is there any way around this.

Second Question I know that I can make a backup disk on the fostex but it wont have all the changes I made in sonar. Is there a format I can save my projects in sonar that will import my individual track back onto my foxtex on the same program. So instead of getting a new program for each track I will get on program with all the track and the Sonar changes.

Thanks guys

Emmanuel

Using the LOAD option, I believe there is an option that asks which tracks you want loaded, and I believe you an select ALL. These should then all be loaded onto 1 new program.

Hey thanks I tried that but it loads each track as a individual programs. So I have the bass on one program and the guitar on another program and so on. I thought maybe I was missing something in that mess they call the manual. I really want to get all the wave files in one program. I was thinking of recording each track via audio output my new computer into the fostex changing channels for each track but some of those cd have all 16 tracks with information. Also I would have to reset levels and maybe loose some data points. I really dont want to go that way if I dont have to.
thanks

Importing WAV tracks

Bill is right - they should all import to the same program.

Possible cause of problem: the tracks must be named according to the convention:
ABCDEFXX: where abcdef is the song name and xx is the track number (01 for track 1, 02 for track 2, etc.).

The song name part must be the same on every track (so all your tracks filenames would begin with the SAME first 6 letters) only the number would be different.

Example:
Guitar track: Filename 'Mysong01' will put the guitar on Fostex track 1.
Bass track: filename 'Mysong02' will put the bass on track 2.

(If the filename of the bass track was 'onsong02', the import won't work, cos the filename part is different).

I hope this helps.

Orc

Hello
NOWAY is that my problem! Thanks makes sense when you copy backup via .wav from the fostex it does name the wave files with a convention. But when I saved back to wave using cakewalk I didn't name them using the same convention. DUH

So lets say I have a program mysong, and I have to edit the voice track because of whatever. I save those track as .wav on a cd and each wave is now named mysong01.wav & mysong02.wav. I do what I have to in Cakewalk save the edited .wav files as mysong03.wav & mysong04.wav. When I go to setup and choose load program the .wav files on my cd will loaded to program mysong on trk 3 & 4? WOW if thats all it is then I am set for now.

Thanks Orc and Bill

BTW is the naming convention explained in the manual I look through it but could find this answer. Thanks Guys.

From memory, I think the tracks will only be loaded to an existing song if you specify that song as the destination.
Yes the file naming convention is in the manual.

Good luck

Orc

Back