Important question about Cubase SX 2 Vsti

PersonalJesus

Lets say you play a track using MIDI with a Vsti in Cubase SX 2. But you would like to apply EQ's and reverbs and other audio based effects that cant be applied to MIDI tracks. Is there a way to mix down the MIDI tracks to audio without exporting them as audio and importing them back into place?

I know about the freeze function, but that does not allow you to apply EQ's or anything.

Thanks.

Open up the main track mixer window, it will show all your audi tracks, midi tracks etc. When you use a vsti it automatically gets its own channel on the track mixer. It is here that you can add effects etc.

Hello,

Thank you 1,000,000%. That is exactly what I was looking for and I really appreciate it!

I have one more question if you happen to know:

What if I am using Battery to do drum tracks and I want to EQ each sample differently rather than applying the EQ and effects to all tracks on that vsti? Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

When you load up battery as a vsti, 8 new channels should appear in your track mixer, 4 stereo and 4 mono (i think). On battery select a sample then with your mouse, left click on the output at the bottom right of the battery window and keeping the button pressed in, move your mouse and this will let you select which channel in the cudase track mixer the sample will be sent to, from there you can eq etc.

Man you have been such a huge help! I never would have figured that out without you. I had to go into the Battery options menu and change the number of outputs because it was set to only 1 stereo output on my computer. Then I just followed your instructions and that worked perfectly. Forever, I had gone without EQing or using effects on my vsts. I went back and added some effects to a song I had did and wow major improvement. Thanks so much!

BTW, you dont happen to know if there is a button in the Cubase track mixer that allows you to check your mixes in Mono do you?

Back