iMacG4 or eMacG4 ? inquiring minds want to know

KEYBOARD GURU

Hello, Fellow Musicians and Engineers

Thanks for reading this thread.I have been researching the Computer Market for a brand New Mac for the last few weeks. I have briefly looked at the iMacG4 and the eMacG4. The iMacG4 :
800 Mhz iMac G4
15-inch Display
256K L2 cache @ 800 MHz
768MB SDRAM
60GB Ultra ATA drive
5 USB Ports
2 Firewire Ports
for $1700 looks very nice and is a space saver,

however the eMacG4:
800 Mhz eMac G4
768MB SDRAM
60GB Ultra ATA Drive
SuperDrive DVD-R/CD-RW Drive
3 USB Ports
2 Firewire Ports
17" Display for $1500 the eMacG4 is $200 cheaper and has a larger Monitor than the iMac.

Are the 5 USB ports that the iMacG4 worth $200 more ? Are there any real disadvantages to the eMacG4 ? When I read the forums many of your don't say much about the eMacG4.

I , like many of you have a limited budget and for face value the eMacG4 appears to be a value for the hard earned dollar. Any comments regarding my future Mac purchase is welcome. I am just trying to gather as many facts from from the experiences of many as I can before I purchase another computer. I openly welcome any sugguestions. Thanks in advance for your time and insight.

Sincerly,
Keyboard Guru

music4theheartt@aol.com

This seems like a no-brainer to me. Larger monitor and $200 cheaper. I wouldn't worry about the two missing USB ports - you could always get a USB hub, which shouldn't cost much more than $30-40.

Back