Im Sick Of Latency Please Help Now Im Stupid

Jakearabble

thanks for reading,
here is my setup
i have a VPR Matrix computer with a "Analog Devices 2 Channel Audio Model" soundcard...(yeh i know) a Midisport 2x2 Usb midi interface, and a casio keyboard. For midi i want freestyle(but u have to pay for it) and i currently have Midi Orchestra(by voyetra) The latency is completely un acceptable. I need a new soundcard and maybe a new program...but thats why im asking you people out there in BBS land who always are so nice in responding to my questions. Id like to pay under 200 bucks for a soundcard...except the audigy2platinum looks good, cuz i also do digital recording stuff....Please help, any responses are appreciated
-thanks in advance
Jake

hey jaymz,
yeh i used cubase sx for the midi and that fixed my latency problem, meaning that before, when i played a note on my midi controller itd be about a half a second before i heard the note thru the soundcard(and before it registered on the computer) which made it completely unusable for midi realtime recording, but its all fixed now...thanks for the link tho, defanitely helpfuil
thanks
-jake

Back