I'm selling Dan Peek, of "AMERICA" instruments.

steppingstone

The widow of Dan Peek, of the group AMERICA, has asked me to sell his instruments. Can anyone recommend a way to go about it? There are six guitars- and a piano. (much more outboard gear) Obviously, I can do the guitars on e-bay; if i must. But, the piano?

Thanks.

Hi there,
Your best bet is probably local ads, gumtree, craigslist, local papers etc.
I would list detail on this forum, gearslutz, and any others you can think of.
Ebay is fine too for any of the instruments, including the piano. There's no reason why you can't list it there.

Contact Westwood Music in LA. They were the local hangout for decades for people who became famous in the California folk-rock scene. I'm sure the guys from America have been there too.

Anyway, they handle a lot of celebrity guitars and I'm sure that they'd steer you in the right direction.

Or, you could always contact Gruhn guitars in Nashville. They could also give you an idea of what they're worth.

Good luck, and my condolences to Dan's wife.

Unless the piano is a rare high-$$$ one, its probably not worth that much. Unfortunately, pianos lose their value pretty steeply.

6'5" is the size, not the model. :rolleyes: Depending on the model, condition and age, they can go for $5000 and up (way up!)

I think that it might be worth considering checking out the official America website as a way of selling the items? I would expect that fans would be willing to pay more than the average Joe who is just being offered a guitar or piano for sale? There is already a section where merchandise is sold. Why not there? http://www.venturahighway.com/index.php

Last edited:
Back