I'm ready for some football.

Yeah, I'm very happy with the Skins pick. Cut the draft off after that, because I too found Berman and Kiper annoying. Berman just says stupid stuff sometimes and Kiper takes about 300 words to say what he could have said in 30. I've always liked Gruden though, and that other guy isn't too bad as well.

Yeah, if you have a top 10 pick, taking an OT is a high percentage play. The last two taken by the Redskins: Chris Samuels and Trent Williams - both awesome players. I like the pick.

Technically the texts don't prove anything, but nobody who has read them and isn't retarded is going to believe that Brady hasn't been putting those guys up to this for at least all of last season. Probably most of his career. I wonder if his initial denial back when this came out was Brady's own idea, or if he told Belichick or his agent or some other sort of advisor the truth and they advised him to lie.

It's only cheating if you get caught.

I hate these with hunts. Everyone acts like the one team that gets caught is the only team doing anything. Same thing happened with my Saints and that stupid bountygate shit. It's bullshit.

It's only cheating if you get caught.

I hate these with hunts. Everyone acts like the one team that gets caught is the only team doing anything. Same thing happened with my Saints and that stupid bountygate shit. It's bullshit.
I've learned to shrug it off.
If Brady had anything to do with it, fuck it. Give him your worst. If anyone thinks this is why the Patriots are a great team, they're morons!
I have so little confidence in the league office, that I don't know what to believe."Brady probably knew" is a laugh! Either prove your case, or don't. Goodel's leadership of the league is a joke. I don't know why this dolt has a job.
Having said that...it wouldn't surprise if they're guilty.

The Saints got in trouble for doing something that is totally awesome. I'm sure bounties in pro football have been around forever, but the first time they made a big deal about it was with Buddy Ryan's Eagles, who were great for a couple years but were in a totally stacked division and couldn't get past the rest of the NFC East at the time.

Saints fans should be proud of bountygate. I wish Chip Kelly would hire Greg Williams and just tell him to go nuts.

If Brady had anything to do with it, fuck it. Give him your worst. If anyone thinks this is why the Patriots are a great team, they're morons!
I have so little confidence in the league office, that I don't know what to believe."Brady probably knew" is a laugh! Either prove your case, or don't. Goodel's leadership of the league is a joke. I don't know why this dolt has a job.
For real. "More probable than not" is their finding? After 6 months of investigation, they came up with "well, they probably did it". What the fucking fuck? How can that stick? The only facts that came from this investigation was the realization that those two lockerroom guys are fucking morons, and they will never work for a team again.

The Saints got in trouble for doing something that is totally awesome. I'm sure bounties in pro football have been around forever, but the first time they made a big deal about it was with Buddy Ryan's Eagles, who were great for a couple years but were in a totally stacked division and couldn't get past the rest of the NFC East at the time.

Saints fans should be proud of bountygate. I wish Chip Kelly would hire Greg Williams and just tell him to go nuts.

I believe my Saints did have some sort of incentive program, but there was never any actual proof. No actual proof! And they suspend our coach for a whole year? That dumb kunt Goodell cost us a whole season. He better never walk the streets of New Orleans. He won't get out alive. Seriously.

I do know this though - in those 2009 playoffs, that Saints defense fucking ended Kurt Warner's career, and Brett Favre couldn't shit straight for a month after my Saints were done with him. They were running in another gear in those playoffs. Maybe it was money, or maybe just the excitement of having that team in a position it's never been in with a very real shot at winning it all, whatever it was they were on fire. That 09 Saints defense was pretty wild. Bounty or not, we won the Superbowl.

For real. "More probable than not" is their finding? After 6 months of investigation, they came up with "well, they probably did it". What the fucking fuck? How can that stick? The only facts that came from this investigation was the realization that those two lockerroom guys are fucking morons, and they will never work for a team again.
It's a laugh! Fuck the Wells report. Even worse than all that, there seems to be no real procedure or protocol regarding the inflation and possession of the balls.I don't think there was any documentation of what the balls were inflated to.It's a dog and pony show.

That 09 Saints defense was pretty wild. Bounty or not, we won the Superbowl.
Yup. And the reason they won was that they were better than everyone else!

If those balls were inflated to the acceptable minimum at room temp, taking them out to a 20 degree day will drop the pressure below the minimum. It's simple science.

Brady pretty obviously put them up to it, but there's no real proof. I'm not a lawyer and don't know anything about admissibility of "hearsay" in court, but I don't believe texts between two other guys would even be allowed in a legal court that is trying to prosecute a third guy. Of course, we're talking about a corporation here, and you don't need "real" proof to punish someone, especially since the aim of the corporation is to placate the public (read: the media) and not necessarily serve justice.

So Brady will sit in the corner for a couple games and be told to think about what he's done and how he should be ashamed of himself. The other 8 or so QBs in the league who have their equipment managers doing the same thing will immediately change their ways. The public is happy because an exceptional individual has been brought down to size. Everybody wins. Except Brady and the Patriots, I guess. But fuck 'em, they screwed my Eagles out of a Super Bowl with their sign-stealing bullshit 9 or so years ago. They might also have been the better team, but still, fuck 'em.

If those balls were inflated to the acceptable minimum at room temp, taking them out to a 20 degree day will drop the pressure below the minimum. It's simple science.

The question is, if this is so fucking important, why doesn't the league control the goddam things.
This is as big an indictment of the leagues incompetence as it is the Pats integrity.

But fuck 'em, they screwed my Eagles out of a Super Bowl with their sign-stealing bullshit 9 or so years ago. They might also have been the better team, but still, fuck 'em.
Stealing signals is unconscionable!No one should do that. The Eagles, and Donovan McNabs weak stomach should be retroactively awarded victory! :D

The Eagles fans have much bigger things to worry about than a Superbowl loss 10 years ago. Chocolate Chip Kelly is running that team into the ground.

I believe my Saints did have some sort of incentive program, but there was never any actual proof. No actual proof! And they suspend our coach for a whole year? That dumb kunt Goodell cost us a whole season. He better never walk the streets of New Orleans. He won't get out alive. Seriously.

I do know this though - in those 2009 playoffs, that Saints defense fucking ended Kurt Warner's career, and Brett Favre couldn't shit straight for a month after my Saints were done with him. They were running in another gear in those playoffs. Maybe it was money, or maybe just the excitement of having that team in a position it's never been in with a very real shot at winning it all, whatever it was they were on fire. That 09 Saints defense was pretty wild. Bounty or not, we won the Superbowl.

The Saints' punishment for "bountygate" was absurd. I would like to have been a fly on the wall in those NFL boardroom meetings to hear their discussions when they ultimately decided to essentially sabotage one of their teams for something that was not even a big deal. The only thing I can imagine is that, as in every situation these days, they were worried about future lawsuits from players and figured that only a ridiculous and draconian punishment could prove to a court that they were doing everything they could to ensure player safety, and thus decrease their liability. So in the end, as seems to be a common theme, the lawyers likely ruined everything.

Greg_L said:
The Eagles fans have much bigger things to worry about than a Superbowl loss 10 years ago. Chocolate Chip Kelly is running that team into the ground.

I'm trying to reserve judgment until at least halfway through the season. He has no margin for error, though. He has come in swinging a big stick and he better produce a playoff team immediately after pulling all this shit that no one can make heads or tails of.

Back