I'm new but not to recording...link to mp3's and such...

Trell Blaze

Killing generic R&B...
What's up guys, this is Trell Blaze. Nice little spot for info u guys got here. I've been at the recording thing since I was about 17 or 18 (about 9 years ago). I'm an R&B producer, writer, singer, & engineer (tho some might question the singing part ;) ).

I belong to a duo known (or maybe not so known) as Coop DeVille which I've recently learned has a small following somewhere in Japan. Who knew, eh?

I do pretty good work on all fronts, IMO. However, nobody knows everything and hopefully I can learn something from hangin around here.

And yea...I know I already have a few posts already but I'm lazy when it comes to this introduction type stuff.

Here's a link to some of my work: http://www.myspace.com/coopdv

Oh and in case anyone cared to listen to the songs, here's some info...

Song 1: Can't Get Enough
Written by D. Coop (other half of the group) & myself
Produced, recorded & mixed by me.
D. Coops vocals were recorded into ProTools LE using the crappy Digi 001. A Marshall V57 Mogami Edition Condenser was used for the background vocals and a Sterling Audio ST-55 for the lead vocals. My lead vocals (2nd verse) as well as the talkbox were recorded using the Sterling Audio but recorded on a Roland-VS 2400 (my computer is set up for mixing but I don't have the inputs necessary for hi quality recording).

The instruments (all MIDI) came from a Roland Fantom X recorded into the VS-2400 using SPDIF. All tracks were exported from their source and imported into Cubase SX 3 for mixdown...

Songs 2 & 3: Now It's Too Late, Never Got Over U
Written, performed, recorded, mixed, & produced by me

Used the same methods as the first song except there was no ProTools involved and, on "Now It's Too Late" all vocals were cut on the Marshall and on "Never Got Over U" all vocals were cut on the Sterling Audio.

Oh yea...I mastered "Never Got Over U" myself to match the level of the other two....hence the slightly crappier sound.

Critique away! Feel free to chop my mixes to pieces, chew em up, and spit em out...lol

Back