i'm new and i need some help

carlpony351

ok guys this is kinda long so if you can answer cool if not,thanks anyways.

ok i'm in a band and i also mix/record the songs with my band, i u se cubase sx to record and cool edit pro to mix .

now i have good mics and a good pc and mixer and i wanna make my recordings sound as professional as possible,is there any way i can do that with cool edit pro???
i mean some of the audio tracks seem to low and if i raise them they start to distort and i don't about commpression or gating or all that fancy stuff,does that need to be used???
if you know a website that easily explains al the steps to recording a song good,and how to make a guitar sound good and drums,voice,ecc i would appreciate it,i'm going to be putting some songs i mixed on my site tommorow so you guys can hear and give me an opinion and tell me what i'm doing wrong.

thanks for your time and i look foward to your responses

what kinda card are you usin- how many simultaneous inputs- are you recording live (whole band at once) or are trackin everything seperate- best bet is to always get what you want when you track it rather than when you mix it down- within reason of course- i.e. if your multi trackin everything seperate, and you dont like how quite the guitar is... retrack it and turn it up a bit...
more info would probably be helpful for anyone else to help ya out

-jeff

is there a website that explains it all, i can't wait for the book to come in the mail.

and yes i'm recording 1 instrument at a time

Back