i'm looking for for some rock vocals

jugalo180

www.moneyistherecipe.com
i'm into rap music and i'm working on this project that i want to record as two versions, i would like the first version to have R&B vocals and the second to have Rock vocals. I'm pretty much asking for a huge favor, i don't have any money to pay anyone for this but you will receive credit on the back of the cd. if you are interested let me know, i'm hoping to get versions from several different people. the song is going to be about the corruption of the world: suicide, homocide, genocide, drugs...... for this project i want to write the song around the chorus. here is the link to the beat. the instrumental is called "NEVER"
the chorus starts around 00:41

NEVER

Last edited:
A few questions:

1) Do you have specific lyrics, or can we do our own?

2) Being this is the "chorus," are you wanting repeated lines or...?

3) Is it okay if we do our own effects on the vocals?

aaroncomp said:
A few questions:

1) Do you have specific lyrics, or can we do our own?

2) Being this is the "chorus," are you wanting repeated lines or...?

3) Is it okay if we do our own effects on the vocals?

1. yes you can do your own
2. whatever the music makes you feel, you can repeat 4 bars twice or you can just do 8 unique bars
3. yes, you can do your own effects, i plan on taking everything to a really nice studio and have them mix and master everything, so you can submitt the vox with effects and also some dry vox with an explanation of the type of effect you added so that can give the studio here a little flexibility.

thanks for the interest

Hi Jugalo,

I'm interested in this...I like the inst., and I've always done rock myself. I'm assuming that if you liked my submission you'd be happy enough for me to retain copyright on the melody and lyrics for that chorus - is this right?

PHlipper said:
Hi Jugalo,

I'm interested in this...I like the inst., and I've always done rock myself. I'm assuming that if you liked my submission you'd be happy enough for me to retain copyright on the melody and lyrics for that chorus - is this right?

that's absolutely right. you have the right to use the song even as a demo if you would like. i can research the necessary paperwork. thanks for your interest.

Actually, yeah, I am interested. A few things have come up outside of music recently and I've had to put it on hold.

I've noticed that when I started coming up with some lyrics, everything was more in a less-screamo type, and more Maynard-like intensity. Is this okay, or were you preferring some more gritty screams, etc?

In some ways I think the more contrast you can get the better, a milder rap with intense vocals should provide a bit of interest

PHlipper said:
In some ways I think the more contrast you can get the better, a milder rap with intense vocals should provide a bit of interest

that effect does prove to be interesting.

aaroncomp said:
Actually, yeah, I am interested. A few things have come up outside of music recently and I've had to put it on hold.

I've noticed that when I started coming up with some lyrics, everything was more in a less-screamo type, and more Maynard-like intensity. Is this okay, or were you preferring some more gritty screams, etc?

yes, that's okay definitely ok with me. go with whatever creative space the music puts you in. i'm going to build the song around the chorus. if you had time to do both versions that would be awesome.

thanks

hey phlipper and aaron comp, once you guys get your ideas recorded would you mind listening to each others version?

Can you PM me with a selection of your lyrics for the song - just so that i know what kind of thing to write - the sooner I get it the sooner I can send you something! ;)

jugalo180 said:
hey phlipper and aaron comp, once you guys get your ideas recorded would you mind listening to each others version?

I'd love to do that if Aaroncomp is up for it...sounds great!

PHlipper said:
Can you PM me with a selection of your lyrics for the song - just so that i know what kind of thing to write - the sooner I get it the sooner I can send you something! ;)

cool, i can have something for you at the beginning of next week. i just moved into a new apartment.

Hi guys, this is my first attempt at home recording so I would like some frank and honest feedback. I only have a short slice on the site but there are things that I would value your opinion on, such as;

1. Song quality - I'm doing this more with a view to selling songs than trying to hit it big.
2. General Mix
3. Vocal mix (I seem to be struggling to get a vocal sound that I'm satisfied with)
4. Any other constructive criticism you may have.

The song clip is here: www.phil-rowe.net

TIA!!

Hey guys. I've been out of town. I should be able to lay down the vocals the early part of this week (Oct. 1 week). Philliper, PM me if you want to share your ideas. And jugalo, PM the sample lyrics also. Thanks.

Nice sounds here. I will give it a try, and see if I can come up with something. Are you looking for smooth, sung vocals, or just anything to try at this point?
Ed

Dogman said:
Nice sounds here. I will give it a try, and see if I can come up with something. Are you looking for smooth, sung vocals, or just anything to try at this point?
Ed

i'm experimenting with anything at this point. my internet won't be activated until the end of this week due to my recent move. i haven't wrote the lyrics yet, i was going to work around the chorus. but i can write the lyrics this week sometime and post them.

Back