I'm going to do it.

I am going to do it, actually.
I'm not just starting, I've been established in the suburbs for a bit now.. I've been at it for a few years, I know alot of people. I don't want to be famous, I want to be better. I really just want to make an comfortable living playing music, which is attainable, since I know an awful lot of musicians that do it.

Peter Mulvey is a boston musician and he is my local hero...
So, I'm going to do what he did.

Play music in the subway... on the streets.
I will get a permit, and I will do it right.

Obvioulsy the boston winter sucks, and I'm not standing out on the street with my taylor in the snow, I'll have to have a day job as well. And I'm blessed to be specialized in a high paying field. I've already started interviewing with potential employers, and setting up apartment viewings.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm heading down to a friends dealership to talk about the car. So I embelished the original post a little bit.. I don't intend to go carless.. I just don't want to be in the city with a $13,000.00 car note and piles of credit card debt.. I want to hit as much off as I can before I do this.

I'm going to trade the car in for a $500.00 beater or so.. that I can own outright.

If I get there, struggle, and it isn't what I had hoped it would be, I can always come back. I have that luxury of comming back to the family house. I've already talked with them about this.

I feel that this is the next step in my development. No, I probably won't make a living solely on music at first, but what I will learn is how to connect with people. How to deal with hecklers, and how to become an amazing performer. I've never seen a street performer on stage that wasn't impressive...

Martin Sexton, Peter Mulvey, Tom Biancchi...

Peter describes what he did and why in his DVD, and I take that as gospel, because I respect the guy. I covered his song on my album, and I got to talk to him about it after one of his shows.. I want to be that kind of performer that people can relate to, and talk to..

If anything, I indend to do this as part of my process of personal development.

And when I decide to do something, I decide to do something. I will do this, very soon. I just have to take care of what I can take care of here first.

(Plus, I've always wanted to live in the city for a while.. I've always been in the middle of nowhere)

Definitely dude, go for it. It sounds like you know your odds out there, and as long as you're having fun and eating three times a day, thats all that matters i guess right? It should be cool, i love boston.

KonradG said:
Definitely dude, go for it. It sounds like you know your odds out there, and as long as you're having fun and eating three times a day, thats all that matters i guess right? It should be cool, i love boston.

heh, you can get by eating twice a day too, thats what I did b4 I had my day job...

Back